As a 30 year old woman, I have no shame in admitting that my favorite food is still pizza. It's so versatile! Plus, I love trying the weird, nontraditional pizza toppings and sauces, like BBQ chicken bacon, or anything with Alfredo sauce instead of red sauce. I'm obviously not alone in loving pizza especially after seeing some of these facts below!
- $38 billion worth of pizza is sold every year in the U.S.
- 3 billion pizzas are sold each year in the U.S.
- Americans eat over 300 slices of pizza per second!
- 93% of Americans have pizza at least one time a month
- On average each American eats 23 pounds of pizza each year
This just scratches the surface of all the pizza facts you can read by clicking the link in the tweet below!